“Blessed are the peacemakers.” Matthew 5:9
Join United Methodist and Palestinian Christian leaders on Thursday and Friday, August 7-8, 2014 for Walking with Palestinian Christians…for holy justice and peace, co-sponsored by the United Methodist Board of Global Ministries and Ginghamsburg Church. The event will be held at Ginghamsburg Church in Tipp City, Ohio USA.
Through prayer, fellowship and study, the United Methodist Church, in partnership with Palestinian Christians, will seek to put God’s call to love all our neighbors into action for justice & peace.
The Conference aims to:
- Examine the “things that make for peace.”
- Address: ‘”How religion both helps and hurts the quest for a just and durable peace.”
- Learn from leaders of United Methodist agencies, organizations and advocacy groups about the strategies and vision they utilize to seek justice and peace in Palestine and Israel
- Meet with Advance projects and partners in Palestine and Israel to learn about how their work is affected by ongoing military occupation and how they are working to build hope among the people.
- Strategize with Palestinian Christians, peacemakers and one another about effective ways to tell the story of nonviolent actions needed for justice and peace.
- Learn from Annual Conferences already active in holy land pilgrimages, in nonviolent work for justice and peace, and share ideas from ecumenical partners on doing mission and advocacy work together.
- Meet with Global Ministries missionaries serving in Palestine/Israel and find out how to support and join in their mission for justice and peace.
- Explore the role of women as peacemakers in Palestine/Israel and in mobilizing our congregations for the work of peace.
- Share resources and ideas on deepening the involvement of seminaries and campuses in partnering with Palestinian Christians in biblical and theological reflection, in holy land pilgrimages & courses of study, and in advocacy for justice and peace for all God’s children.
- “Where your treasure is, there is your heart also.” Explore how we can join in the growing efforts of nonviolent economic actions: shareholder engagement, boycotts, divestment and positive investment to seek an end to occupation and discrimination.
Learn more about the history of our United Methodist policies and practices in pursuit of just peace for all in Palestine/Israel.
Conference participants will covenant with one another to demonstrate love as action as we undertake ongoing educational and advocacy actions within our respective Annual Conferences and in partnership with Palestinian Christians.
“Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.” 1 John 3:18