The Association of Methodist Brigades is the umbrella body for all The Boys’ Brigade Companies and The Girls’ Brigade Companies in the Methodist Church.
It was established to enhance the formation of more new Companies, to revive the dormant ones and to ensure the effective participation of both BB and GB in the life of the Church as well as being more relevant within the main bodies and to grow membership numerically.
This association which was formally launched internationally as “Association of Methodist Brigades – International Connexional Council” (AMB-ICC) on Saturday, August 27, 2011 at Obuasi, Ghana currently operates in Nigeria and Ghana; and the impact has been so tremendous spreading waves recently to as far as Kenya, Togo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon and South Africa.
The AMB-ICC has the following aims and objectives:
- To deepen members’ understanding of the Methodist faith and the Christian faith, and its application to personal, social and economic life.
- To encourage members to render services to the Methodist Church.
- To help members to come to have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as their Saviour.
- To provide activities designed to help members attain physical, mental and spiritual maturity.
- To foster great fellowship and cooperation among all members of the AMB-ICC.
- To help and support in the formation and resuscitation of Brigade Companies within Methodist Churches worldwide.
- To educate members on the doctrines of the Methodist Church, thus inculcating in them a sense of belonging, discipline, commitment and discipleship.
The AMB-ICC enjoys very good and cordial relationship with both the African Methodist Youth Movement (AMYM) and the World Methodist Council (WMC).
AMYM invited the AMB-ICC to a Conference which was held in KIVU Retreat Centre, off Flamingo Road, Nakuru, Kenya between November 28 and December 3, 2012 during which the AMB-ICC was formally registered.
Also, the World Methodist Council extended an invitation to the AMB-ICC to attend the WMC Meeting that took place between September 10 and 13, 2013 at the Wesley’s Chapel, London, England, United Kingdom. The AMB-ICC was thereafter registered with the Youth & Young Adult Committee of the World Methodist Council.
Each member country is expected to pay an affiliation fee of $250.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Dollars) and an annual due of $500.00 (Five Hundred Dollars).
Since the due recognition and acceptance had been accorded from the official organs of the Methodist Church, the “marching order” has been “Therefore, go and make disciple of all nations…teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you” – Matthew 28: 19 – 20.
Consequently, the mission of the Association of Methodist Brigades is to be propelled on the international platform with a view of spreading tentacles beyond the African frontiers and occupying the virgin territories of Europe, Asia, North and South America where there are presence of Methodists.
For the Methodist Church to become the largest and spiritually vibrant church globally; and to consistently win more souls for Christ, develop spiritually fulfilled members and remain very active in serving humanity, the Brigade is to play very prominent roles in this gospel task.
The assignment at hand is explicit enough, and as soldiers of Christ we have been equipped to go out and enlist more members into the Kingdom service. Thus, this forum was established to come together, rub minds, learn from one another irrespective of tribe or colour and synergize for effective expansion and efficient deliveries.
AMB-ICC UPCOMING EVENTS (2018)
- AMB Certificate Course in Bandmastership
This sandwich course which is being organized by the AMB International Connexional Council in conjunction with the Methodist University of Ghana, Accra shall be in two compressed semesters of two weeks each, and is open to all Brigade members both BB and GB who have keen interest in Music from the rudiments to classics.
FIRST SEMESTER: Monday, April 9 – Sunday, April 22, 2018
SECOND SEMESTER: Monday, August 6 – Sunday, August 19, 2018
EXAMINATION: Tuesday, August 21 – Friday, August 24, 2018
The total cost per participant from is $600.00 (Six Hundred Dollar Only). This amount covers the Tuition Fees for the two Semesters, accommodation, feeding and field trips during the course. Please, note that each country shall make private arrangements regarding the flight/transportation to the venue.
- AMB 2nd International Camp
The AMB-ICC 2nd International Camp has been scheduled to take place at the historic town of Aburi, Ghana between Monday, August 6 and Monday, August 13, 2018 to celebrate the 7th Anniversary of the establishment of the AMB-ICC which also coincides with the 20th Anniversary of AMB in Ghana.
This Camp, which is open to all members of the BB and GB including Patrons, Patronesses and all cadres of the Clergy, shall cost each delegate a total sum of $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars Only). Each country shall make private arrangements regarding the flight/transportation to the Accra where the host shall convey them to the venue of the Camp in Aburi.
AMB INTERNATIONAL CONNEXIONAL COUNCIL OFFICE BEARERS
- Rev. Oladapo Omotayo Babalola – Chairman
- The Rev. Isaac Kwame Enninful – Vice Chairman
- Very Rev. Isaac Olumuyiwa Awe – Executive Secretary
- Ishmael Twum Odoom – Assistant Secretary
- Bisi Onadipe – Financial Secretary
- Bro. Steve Buadu – Treasurer
- Sis. Folashade Aramide Bruce OOW – Public Relations Officer (Nigeria)
- Bro. Isaac Jonfiah – Public Relations Officer (Ghana)